Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Buying electronics components

The nearest electronic components shop was located in SS2 in  Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. This shop have a wide variety of common electronics parts but you must know what parts you needed as they do not offer a "Starter Kit" to newbies. I had a long list of parts taken from the Make : Electronics book like resistors, transistors, LEDs, potentiometers (pot in short), capacitors, alligator clips, breadboard and jumper cables.

I had no idea how much it cost per parts so I buy in small quantities but found out they were really cheap especially the resistors. Some of the parts I needed they have no stocks and I have no idea what other parts can replaced it.

The biggest issue are the resistors and capacitors, I somehow ended up with those resistors and capacitors I do not need and the lab examples always needed some other parts that I do not have. Since they are kinda cheap, I ended up buying lots of different resistors ( 220R, 330R, 1K, 10K, 20K, 1M and many many more ) and different types of capacitors in different farad ratings. Here is a good link to the resistors colour codes calculator.

So the first thing as a beginner I learn about electronics or Arduino, get the Arduino Starter Kit and save all the hassle and trouble of making a few trips to the electronic components shop.

4 comments:

  1. Jalan Pasar has the most options for electronic components and accessories. They are cheap as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks for the tips. After I walk around in the hot sun across the road a few times, I found a few interesting shops that sells all the stuff I needed and a whole lot of other stuff like sensors, ICs and relays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

    Dishwashers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post. It Very nice Blog. It was a very good Blog. I like it. Thanks for sharing knowledge. Ask you to share good Blog again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...